Key Issues Facing the Community
Approaching build-out and the need for balanced growth/development – it is imperative that we strike a careful balance between residential, commercial, and recreational development based on the needs of the community. Ensuring a balance between current and future needs is necessary to provide a sustainable community. Limited growth/development opportunities requires a thoughtful, well planned and effective approach to all growth and development activity.
Economic Development – it is imperative that we ensure development of a highly diversified economy in Rocklin.
• Attract and retain businesses that contribute to the growth and vitality of the community.
• Provide an inclusive culture that creates a sense of excitement, diversity and energy that attracts and retains young people.
• Seek to provide and maintain a downtown gathering place that is safe, accessible, and attractive to both residents and visitors.
• Utilize marketing that differentiates, attracts and establishes a brand for the City.
Infrastructure – make certain a sound base/foundation for transportation and communications systems, water and power lines, schools, and public safety operations is in place. Ensure funding needed to support infrastructure is identified and incorporated into both annual budgets and long range strategic planning.
- Rocklin Planning Commissioner
2014 – 2016
- South Placer Rotary Member
2015 – present
- SS Peter & Paul Parish Finance Council
- Community Representative and Board Member – Rocklin Public Safety Volunteers
2014 – present
- Board member and Secretary – Rocklin Educational Excellence Foundation
2010 – present
- Rocklin Chamber of Commerce Honorary Board Member
2016 – present
- Rocklin Parks and Recreation Commissioner
2013 – 2014
- President Rocklin Girls Fast Pitch Softball League
2005 – 2009
- Board Member Rocklin Girls Fast Pitch Softball League
2002 – 2015
- Design Committee – City of Rocklin Softball Complex Kathy Lund Park
2005 – 2007
- Coach – Rocklin Youth Soccer League
2002 – 2015
- Assisted City Tree Planting Program – Kathy Lund, Twin Oaks and Whitney RanchParks
2006 – 2008
- Chaperone for Young Neighbors in Action youth mission trips
2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2019